Apprentice Plant Mechanic
Working hours: 40 hours per week with block release for College.
M&J Evans has had its roots in Brownhills, West Midlands since 2003 when it was founded by John Evans as a family business. Since then, we have built an envious reputation with a broad client base as a leading groundworks business, with our safety lead, high-quality delivery, value for money, and industry expertise underpinning our core values and everything we say we will do.
The backbone of M&J Evans has and always will be, our people. We work hard to provide the right skill set and expertise across all parts of our business to ensure that we deliver on our commitments. We are quality driven and our high standards and attention to detail means we are a business people want to work with and be a part of.
Our sustained growth as a business means we are able to operate and deliver our services to major housebuilders and developers in Civil Engineering, Groundworks, and Foundations, across different regional geographies. Aiding us in our growth has been the successful development of our Plant business. Being able to provide the latest equipment for our teams on site is a key focus for M&J Evans.
M&J Evans Plant currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Plant Mechanic to join their busy team. This role will be split between on-the-job learning, with additional support from Stafford College to complete an IMI Level 3 Land-based Service Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will cover a broad range of topics to provide you with the knowledge and skills required including:
- Preparation, installation and handover of complex technologically advanced machinery, plant and equipment and the verification of its performance to the manufacturer’s specification and customers satisfaction
- Diagnosis and repair of complex faults in machinery, plant and equipment
- Conducting complex repairs of machinery, equipment, and their components which may include supervising a junior colleague to assist in aspects of the repair.
- Conducting inspections of machines and the compilation of machinery condition reports
- Compilation of repair proposals, estimates and quotations and the implementation of timely and cost-effective repairs
- How to work professionally and engage in continual professional development
In addition to your studies, M&J Evans Plant will support with ongoing professional training. You will also gain the following benefits:
- 28 Days holiday per annum which includes statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Gaining experience working for the Groundworks Partner of Choice
- Working alongside a friendly, hardworking team that collectively have decades of knowledge and experience
If this sounds of interest, or you would like more information regarding this role, please contact Phil on 01543 373 766 or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com